Monday, March 3, 2008

Going Home?

Apparently so. Emily gets to ride this out at home as long as she stays "compliant" to bed rest and has no other symptoms. Seems like the perinatologist thinks it would be best to get to 37 weeks if at all possible. There will also be non-stress tests twice per week which will include urine and blood pressure checks. At this point, these will take place at my doctor's office. I will also have to have blood work done as well as a 24-hour urine analysis done once each week. I can drive to each doctor's appointment assuming that I continue to feel well. To see how our prayers have been answered, see below:

- That my liver enzyme level would continue to decrease - my liver enzyme has stayed steady over the past few days - still above normal but not increasing.
- That my hemoglobin level would show an increase (even if it is a small increase)- my hemoglobin has increased ever so slightly, and they expect it to continue to do so over the next few days.
- That the protein level in my urine would remain steady or only increase slightly - the protein level actually decreased slightly which is a huge miracle.
- That the baby would work on switching from being breech to being head down (it would probably make me more comfortable as well) - this we don't know anything about yet, but your continued prayers would be appreciated.

Although I am happy to be going home, it has been a frustrating day since I feel as though I had gotten used to the thought of staying here for the duration. But as I am learning, it is not my plan but God's plan. More to come later!

1 comment:

Court said...

Em--That's awesome that you're well enough to go home. As a former compliance auditor, I will be monitoring you!! I'll call you later to see what you need.