Well - today marked the end of another era for Lydia. This morning, Brian had gotten up about 5:30 a.m. when Lydia said that she needed to go to the bathroom. He took her to the bathroom and then put her back in bed. I am not convinced that she ever went back to sleep.
When I went in to her room to get her about 7:30 a.m., the first thing Lydia said to me was, "Mommy - I don't want to be Goldilocks anymore." I questioned her a little about this, and she proceeded to tell me that she didn't want me to be Mama Bear, or Daddy to be Papa Bear, or Hannah to be Baby Bear either. She said that she was done "playing the Three Bears" (her words - not mine).
I have to admit I was surprised and a little doubtful about her honesty. But she then asked to go into our room to talk to Daddy. I heard her go into our bathroom and apologize to him for calling him Papa Bear instead of Daddy. When I asked Lydia what Brian had said when she apologized, she said, "Daddy said there was no reason to be sorry." How cute!
But I was surprised when Lydia continued to insist all day today that she is done being Goldilocks. I really do think that she is serious. She corrected Brian once when he called her Goldilocks saying "My name isn't Goldilocks anymore - it is Lydia." Actually, Brian is sad about the whole situation. I think it just goes to show how quickly she is growing up. And he told me that he didn't want Lydia to lose her playfulness and imaginative spirit.
Not to worry Daddy. For those of you that are around Lydia, you should know that she thinks she has a sister AND a brother. She has (on more than one occasion) over the past three weeks told other people that she has a sister named Hannah and a brother named Chase. When I have tried to correct her and tell her that she has a cousin named Chase, she immediately says "There are two Chase's - my brother AND my cousin!" And no - there is no announcement forthcoming. She just really thinks that she has a brother! :)
And she also has two make believe cousins. Brian thinks that their names are Buby and Ruby, but I have to admit that their names change frequently. Their names always end in -by, but they can be Ruby and Ruby, Duby and Ruby, Buby and Buby, etc. And she references them frequently. She says that she loves playing with them and going to their house. She also says that their mom makes the BEST food - I guess she doesn't care for my cooking. And in case you were curious, they ARE twins!
Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that the Goldilocks phase of Lydia's life has apparently ended and now I can't wait to see what the next adventure is that we embark on with her. May Goldilocks live happily ever after (at least until Hannah picks her fairy tale of choice)! :)
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment