Well - I will have to say that generally, I do not take well to being woken up in the middle of the night. But last night was the exception. Lydia was really restless last night - she even woke up three different times between 7:00 - 11:00 p.m. (very unusual for her). But, she woke up again at 4:00 a.m. She was screaming "Mommy" through the monitor so I went in to check on her. She immediately asked me to pick her up and told me she needed to go potty. This has happened before, but I went through the routine. Usually, when we get to the bathroom, she tells me "no". But last night, she let me put her potty seat on the toilet, take off her pajamas, and take off her diaper. Then, I set her on the toilet and sat down on the floor to wait. She usually just tells me that she wants down. But then, to my amazement, she actually went potty! I almost did a little dance right in the bathroom at 4:00 a.m.! Of course, I have been promising her a surprise if she went potty in the toilet, and I couldn't disappoint. So, down to the kitchen we went to get a couple of M&Ms. Then, she needed water. By the time she was back in bed, it was 4:30 a.m. But I was so excited! We will see if she will continue to tell me when she needs to go potty, but we had our first success! Yeah!
Here is a picture of Lydia and Hannah from a couple of nights ago! Lydia is really enjoying "holding" her baby sister - she loves to play Mommy! Have a great weekend!
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
How exciting! AND a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Lydia!!!
Post a Comment