Monday, September 15, 2008
First Allergic Reaction
Today has been an interesting day! First of all, we have a new cousin in our family. Chase Howell Rieke was born at 9:31 a.m. this morning. He is the newest addition to Brian's sister's (Brooke) family. They already have one little boy - Blake - who is 6 weeks younger than Lydia. Lydia can't wait to go and meet her new cousin!
Also, I have a funny Lydia story to share from earlier today. Lydia has a little play kitchen that she loves to play with. She knows that the oven in the real kitchen is hot and that she isn't supposed to touch it (even though she loves to try to when Mom isn't looking). But her play oven has turned into a bedroom for her bears. Earlier this morning, she put Hamley in the oven and told him "Night-night Hamley." About half an hour later, Lydia was looking for Hamley, and I told her to look in his "bed." She went straight to the oven and opened it up. I asked her if Hamley was still night-night to which she matter-of-factly replied, "No Mommy, Hamley (is) hot." Of course, I should have known!
Then, at lunch today, I gave Lydia a little bit of ranch dressing to dip her ravioli in. She loves anything that she can dip her food into. She also had ranch dressing on Friday evening, and she got some red blotches around her mouth when she ate it on Friday. But I assumed that it was just a minor skin irritation. But guess what - she had the same reaction today when she ate the ranch dressing. I called the doctor's office, and the nurse told me that she was probably allergic to some preservative in the ranch dressing. At least she only had a skin irritation and no wheezing or other breathing reaction. Let's hope that this isn't a new trend - but we will be avoiding ranch dressing from now on! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment