Friday, September 4, 2009
Worker Bee
Brian reminded me this morning about how different Hannah's personality is from Lydia's. Hannah was a very laid-back baby. She was great just accompanying Lydia and I on our many adventures and was very adaptable. I think that her personality has somewhat changed since then. She can still be very laid back about almost anything except for food! :) But now, if she really wants something, she will definitely babble at you until you go and get it for her. In fact, almost every afternoon when Hannah wakes up from her nap, she will immediately go into the kitchen cabinet where I keep extra sippy cups, get the one that she prefers, and bring it to me. And if I don't act fast enough, she will grab my hand and help me into the kitchen where she points at the automatic water dispenser on the refrigerator. The girl definitely knows what she wants!
But the other interesting difference between the girls is their level of activity. Lydia is perfectly content to play with one activity for a long length of time and just relax in front of the TV (I know - I am a terrible mom). However, Hannah has absolutely no interest in sitting still for any length of time. She is certainly our busy bee. She moves from one activity to another without missing a beat. She rarely sits down (except when she is really tired). It is not unusual to see Hannah move from playing with a toy in the living room to removing every item from a kitchen cabinet to climbing up the stairs and sliding back down within a 5 minute time frame. Brian often calls her his little "worker bee." If she keeps this up, she will lose that "chubby baby" look in no time! Hopefully, the adorable chubby cheeks remain!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Emily, you are a wonderful mom, as evidenced by your two precious girls. No more "I'm a terrible mom" statements, please. I love Hannah her sunshine yellow shirt.
Post a Comment