We have had a really wonderful Labor Day weekend! But to sum it up, it was all about experiencing different games. On Friday night, we decided to venture to Mill Valley High School to experience our first high school football game in our school district! It was definitely an eye-opening experience! With the amount of thighs and cleavage that I saw from the high school girls, I decided I could wait about 14 years to deal with all of that! But we did enjoy cheering the Jaguars on (although it wasn't to a victory)!
Then, Grandma Becky and Grandpa John had two extra tickets to the K-State vs. UMass college football game on Saturday evening. Lydia and Daddy took them up on their offer to join them at the game! It was really Lydia's first K-State football game that she could participate in. Since I have many wonderful memories of eating hot dogs in that same football stadium when I was little, I was so excited for Lydia to really experience the game! But when I went to football games, we were lucky if there were 500 fans in the stadium not the 50,750 that were there to watch Coach Snyder make his comeback on Saturday night! Luckily, Lydia was able to see the Cats record their first victory of the season! She looked really cute in her little K-State T-shirt and matching purple bow!
On Sunday, we only watched a little football on TV! But it was nice to relax at home! Today, we took Lydia and Hannah to Kaufman Stadium to see the Royals take on the L.A. Angels. The Royals were 0-9 against the Angels headed into this game, but they actually pulled off a victory today! It was a gorgeous day so we packed a lunch and went to the stadium a little early to enjoy the kid's playground before the game. A woman saw us eating at a picnic table and was nice enough to give us two free passes to ride the carousel and to play at the Little K. Lydia and Hannah both loved the carousel - Lydia picked a giraffe to ride on and Hannah (by default) picked a beautiful pony covered in flowers. Lydia didn't want to get off the carousel when the ride was over. But Lydia also got to go and experience the Little K. The kiddos each get a turn to hit a couple of balls and run the bases on a miniature field. Brian said that when Lydia picked up the bat, she immediately held it as though she were a left-handed batter. Then, she went to the left-side of the plate and actually hit a couple of balls. I guess that we have a lefty on our hands!
I am attaching a few pictures of the weekend festivities for you to enjoy! Have a wonderful week!
Lydia checking out the action at the K-State game through Grandma's binoculars!
Hannah hanging out at home with Mommy before we listened to the K-State game (glad we had something to smile about at the end of the game)!
Lydia showing off her "lefty" tendencies at the Little K!
Family picture outside of Kaufman Stadium before the Royals game began!



1 comment:
Nothing wrong with a leftie! Zach plays sports left-handed, but does everything else right-handed.
Post a Comment