Well - I felt as though I needed to update you all on our activities over the past week. Last week was kind of crazy as we were getting everything ready for Lydia's birthday party. We had Lydia's last appointment with our Parents as Teachers representative, Jamie. That was actually a little sad for me - Jamie has been a wonderful resource for me to bounce ideas off of, and she has shared lots of wisdom with me over the last three years. We will definitely miss her!
Then, we had all of our regular activities during the week as well as a trip to Pittsburg, Kansas thrown in for me on Thursday! Needless to say, by Friday I was exhausted! But we also had Lydia's three-year wellness check with Dr. Martin on Friday morning. I had been preparing Lydia for the fact that she would be getting the seasonal flu vaccine at this appointment (i.e., a "shot"). She seemed fairly prepared for this when we went to the appointment.
She did great at the appointment. She followed all of Dr. Martin's instructions and her statistics were as follows:
Height - 38 1/4" (70% percentile)
Weight - 33 1/2 pounds (77% percentile).
Dr. Martin said that she looked great, and she was happy to hear that Lydia is a good eater (as though she couldn't tell from her statistics)! :) But when it came time for the flu shot, things changed a little. Hannah was scheduled to get her flu shot as well. Lydia went first. When the nurse gave her the shot, she immediately tried to pull away and then started crying. Then, it was Hannah's turn. The nurse gave Hannah the shot, and she didn't make a sound. She just sat there as though that was no big deal! When Lydia saw that, she definitely stopped crying! :)
Another funny Lydia story from last week. We were sitting at dinner on Thursday night, and I made the comment that I thought I was going crazy. I mean really - I had a crazy week! Well, Lydia immediately responded with "Is Mommy loco?" Loco means crazy in Spanish - I don't think they teach that word on Dora, but she had obviously heard it somewhere. When we realized that she understood what I was saying, Brian asked her if Mommy was crazy. She said no. Then, he asked her if he was crazy. Again, she said no. Finally, he asked her if Hannah was crazy. Once again, she said no. Then, he asked her if she knew anyone who was crazy. She immediately said yes. When Brian asked her who that was, she smiled brightly and said "Copper." Amen to that one! She definitely has our family dynamics figured out!
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment