Wednesday, January 14, 2009

To The Beach

Today in Kansas City, it is freezing. The high today was something like 36 degrees. However, we hit that at sunrise this morning. Ever since then, the temperature has been dropping significantly and with the wind, it really feels bone-chilling cold. As we were leaving Bible Study this morning, I kept commenting to Lydia about how cold it was and how we had to hurry to get in the car. Once we were all settled in the car, I told Lydia that we were going home. As only Lydia can, she promptly told me:

"No Mommy, no home." I asked her where she wanted to go instead. And she looked at me very seriously and said, "The beach." Of course, I was totally shocked because I don't know that I have ever taught Lydia about the beach. But I immediately agreed with her that I wished we could go to the beach as well. Well, to a two year old, that is permission! She kept excitedly saying, "Beach, beach, beach" all the way home! Too bad that she doesn't understand that going to the beach would involve a long plane trip. Maybe we can imaginge a beach trip together when she wakes up from her nap!

 

This is a picture of Lydia from Saturday morning. Grandpa and Grandma Howard bought Lydia and Hannah a big rocking horse for Christmas. It is now a permanent fixture in our living room. Lydia is enjoying it more and more every day. Here she is enjoying posing for a picture with her new friend. We have been encouraging her to name the horse but as of now, he or she remains unnamed. We will see what name she comes up with! Also, just another side note: in order to properly ride her horse, Lydia has to be decked out in her cowgirl gear including her new red cowgirl boots from Uncle Griff and her cowgirl hat. She is quite the sight!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Savage Family said...

They say the later kids get teeth, the healthier they are! Sounds like you guys are set! Matthew will be 8 months soon!!