Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Look At Me
This is a picture of Hannah from last Friday. This is pretty typical of Hannah - she is such a good-natured child. She always has a very easy smile, and she loves to sit up to see all of her surroundings. She turned nine months old on Sunday - hard to believe! Last Friday, we had her nine month old appointment with Dr. Martin. Her statistics are as follows:
Weight - 19 pounds, 2 ounces - 50th percentile
Length - 29 1/4" - 75th percentile
As you will notice in the picture, Hannah still doesn't have a single tooth. As Dr. Martin was quick to point out, she will probably get six at once - her top four and bottom two. Yeah - I can't wait for that to start! :) Also, Dr. Martin seemed somewhat concerned that Hannah was not crawling yet. That wasn't even something that I was concerned about before we went to the appointment. But of course, afterwards, my "mom" defenses went up, and I have been thinking about it since then (i.e., should I be paying more attention to Hannah, do I not put her on her tummy enough, and on, and on).
But I have come to this realization. It is definitely our job to be an advocate for our children. I want to get Hannah the help that she needs (if she truly needs it). However, it is also our job to know our children best (better than even their pediatrician). At this point, I am not concerned about Hannah not crawling. She is a very laid back little girl and anything that she wants is quickly brought to her by her big sister. So, God is teaching me through this that everything will happen in His time - He knows Hannah better than I ever will. And He designed her exactly as she is. And as a good friend of mine said, no one will be asking when Hannah is in kindergarten when she learned to crawl, walk, etc. Amen! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I totally agree on the milestones. I worried SO MUCH with Nicholas (I was also very concerned about him being "on track" with his peers). I am training myself with Matthew to know that it doesn't matter if he can't roll over yet! I'm sure he'll do it when he's ready... or not! Love the new pics of your girls! So beautiful!!!
Post a Comment