I wanted to share with everyone about my doctor's appointment today. I had my non-stress test first which went very well. The baby's ticker tape, as I call it, which basically records the baby's heartbeat and any uterine activity that I am having, looked like the Rocky Mountains. That basically means that the baby was having a lot of large heartbeat accelerations which continues to be a great sign!
After that, I had my blood work drawn and turned in my 24-hour urine analysis (my last one before the baby is born)! Yeah! After my blood work, I had my appointment with my doctor. I had a list of questions for her, as usual. She confirmed that the baby was head down, which was a relief to me. She also couldn't tell us when I would likely be released from the hospital as she said that it would likely depend on any symptoms that I develop after the baby is born. Since post-eclampsia is rare, she said that it will depend in large part of my identification of symptoms that seem odd to me (i.e., swelling, headaches, etc.). They will do another 24-hour urine analysis while I am in the hospital and will be drawing blood work, but as for what will happen, it is really up in the air right now!
Also, we are still scheduled to go into Shawnee Mission Medical Center on Thursday night at 7:00 p.m. so that they can start my first round of medication. My doctor is actually on call on Thursday night so she should be around the hospital. They will start the pitocin on Friday morning and hopefully, we will have a baby by Friday evening if all goes well! :)
I will post another blog on Wednesday once I get my blood work and protein results and most likely another short blog after my last non-stress test on Thursday. Then, we will post another blog on Friday once the baby arrives! :) So stay posted - we are almost there! Thank you again for all of your thoughts and prayers! We so appreciate everything that you have done for us!
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment