Thursday, February 28, 2008

Update on Baby Howell (Thursday)

I thought that I would update all of you on the status of Baby Howell today. I have not had any more blood work run today so it has been pretty uneventful. I talked to my doctor today, and we will have more blood work results tomorrow afternoon. And I am scheduled to have another ultrasound and consultation with the perinatologist at some point tomorrow.

As for other exciting happenings:

- I have learned that walls in the labor and delivery section of the hospital are not sound proof (and I have learned why epidurals are the best thing ever invented).
- The window washers at the hospital nearly scared me to death today but at least I have sqeaky clean windows.
- I have been doing all right with the hospital food since Monday but I have eaten so much chicken that I am starting to dream about Jayhawks! :)
- I have learned more medical lingo than I ever knew existed - in fact, the 10 minutes that I get to walk around the labor and delivery unit each afternoon is termed my "ambulatory session".

Again, we are so thankful for everyone's offers to help and your generosity. God has blessed us in so many ways, and we will update you all as the situation continues to develop!

No comments: