This was a conversation that Lydia and I had today in the car on the way to her Children's Day Out program:
L: Why is it bright outside?
E: Because the sun is shining today.
L: Where is the moon?
E: It comes out at night.
L: Oh - who made the sun and moon?
E: Who do you think made the sun and moon?
L: God (I was very impressed at this point)!
After a little thought, she added:
L: And He made the stars too - they are yellow! I love God!
And I love Lydia's simple view of the world. Sometimes I get so caught up in the details of life that I miss the bigger picture. Thankfully, children don't. Lydia truly gets it - now I pray that I would acknowledge God in all of the simple things in life that I too often take for granted.
Have a great day!
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Such a good reminder :)
Post a Comment